Monday, March 16

amazing husband and dad

today i woke up at 8:30AM, had a chocolate chip cookie and now am meandering on the internet as kotter and mulks catch a few z's down the hall from me.
my beloved husband has sent me away for 2 days and a night with my 2 bff's from JBU for a blissful girls getaway!

so he is at Kotter's house with Sally Jane - and today while Chad is at work, Gow even has their 2 and 4 year old girls too!
WHAT A GUY!

seriously, I am blessed beyond words.

you see, for the first 9 months of Sally's life I was nursing her (choosing to pump very little cuz i HATED it) and therefor was never away from Sally for longer than about 6 hours. so gow- being the incredibly WONDERFUL husband/partner/man that he is... promised me a weekend get away before our gowanito #2 comes along!

so if you think about it- pray for gow today as he has 3 little girls on his own. and then pray blessings on his amazingly selfless, strong, wonderful self.

on July 23, 2005 i knew i was signing up for life with my bestfriend and the greatest man in the world. but i had no clue all that was entailed in the greatest man..... i am continually amazed, humbled and so blessed!

1 comment:

The Saunders Family said...

gow rocks! I know what it's like to be tied to the babe for so long...I nursed exclusively for her 1st year and pumped very little, I only had a small manual one, which wasn't as bad as I thought, but still not the best fun in the world! Glad you are enjoying a bit of time away! It will make you a better mom having some time to yourself